Rules for Motorcycle Touring
OK these are a set of observations about touring that we have found from our own experience or from stealing from someone else’s website.
- When touring on a motorcycle always use a tent that is designed for the number of people using it + 1. So if there will be 2 people using the tent get a 3 man tent. Remember the tents are designed for backpackers and as a motorcycle tourer you have much more equipment.
- If you don’t speak the language then, when shopping, if you don’t point, you don’t get!
- Make sure you tell all of your banks you are going touring and to expect foreign transactions
- Carry alternative cards from different banks with you if possible
- Don’t be afraid to explore the backstreets in a new city as long as you feel safe
© 2016, fatman-overland. All rights reserved.